Sunday, June 20, 2010

Heatwave homage

"Ang init!" We've always exclaimed since end of February this year. I'm always reminded of the heatwave every time I join the rush and crush of human traffic at the LRT to and from work. We've theorized it's definitely much hotter now than before - with unscientific claims of how "cooler" it felt this same season when we were so much younger (than today).

I was working for Tropical Disease Foundation when I discovered this "assemblage" somewhere along Salcedo Street last year. I felt some kind of absurdity as well as pondered at its strange aesthetic. Absurdity, perhaps, at how enforcing some building standard could result to a curious visual. Aesthetic? Well, I've seen "worse" in contemporary art movements.

(Reformatted from original, taken with SE K810i on 2009-02-16, filename=DSC03237.jpg, width=1536, height=2048, resolution=72dpi)

No comments: