Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Signing back in...

I made a promise to myself, sometime December, or maybe a week or two before December kicked in. I said to myself, I won't be blogging until I got all those pending writing (and lay-outing) done. What an ordeal that was. Not just the catching up on missed and missed-again deadlines but also keeping oneself from blogging. That was hard. I never realized blogging would be like smoking, or for some other good friends I keep, like sex.

Now since I'm writing again -- first one for this year, and first one since way, way back (in Internet years) -- that would mean I'm done with all my backlog at work. No, not really. But at least I've gotten over the most difficult of them. I used to remember my Mom sighing, "Hay, hindi na natapos-tapos ang trabaho..." I felt like sighing the same thing, like I did in so many, many times in the past. Then again, in purely H2G2 fashion, I could justify this predicament as such: "Just think about how life has been so good to you for giving you so much work and therefore so much income to sustain your lifestyle..." Or something like that.

[Note to other people who will accidentally land on this site and totally clueless about what I said: H2G2 is "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" whose film version I fondly remember for a scene where a female character was about to executed, and a voice-over narrator explaining how one could think of the situation differently and rather positively.]

Maybe I'm a bit rusty at this blogging thing -- I seem to have lost the attitude. Look at that: I even had to parenthesize an explanation. Used to be, I just write in whatever and however manner... and in the likely scenario of one hapless reader getting all glassy-eyed, I would say "Kebs!" Now that's attitude. I'm somehow kinder and sweeter all of a sudden, more thoughtful beside myself... hmmm...

Not that I have a lot of readers... as far as I know there would be at least three -- my BFF eon, my hunny, and if time permits so, there's me. But surely, there were lots to tell. "Blog fodder" potentials of course I eventually tell my loyal readers, whether or not they get blogged at all. One way or another, I get to tell my stories to the two of them (uh-uh, not me, I don't consider myself a loyal reader of my own material). Especially now that eon and his uragon boy, my hunny and I, all living together under one roof -- a bit leaky in some parts, but hey, it's shelter I'm proud of. Eon was specially touched when my hunny thinks of us as a family now.

Yeah, there were several good things to relish, write down, and pretend that there were legions out there, equally amused or entertained with your thoughts. There were many shared moments with the new family (sino nanay?) and once, we even got into discussion who gets to write them first... I was into that game, until of course, the self-imposed moratorium please-refer-to-above-mentioned. I've never gotten to publish Part 2 of an earlier post; wrote it on Notepad and stupidly trashed the whole thing. There was the strange trainer-slash-lagarista episode from Mindoro to Baguio to Laguna. There were the holidays, the noche buena, the Christmas Day headache with the "in-laws," the pilgrimage to the fireworks display, the White Party, New Year's Eve emptiness of Ayala Avenue. There was even the out-of-stock epidemic post-holiday shopping scenario at Waltermart. So much to tell, never had the time, and for whose benefit really?

So was there any real need for me to write any of these blog fodder down here? Considering also that I get to tell them anyway some way or the other. The rational eludes me right now, but just for the record, let it be shown that inspite of the nature of these ponderings, here I am, blogging them down.

No comments: