Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Diatribes: Grey Matter vs. Glenn Cruz

Do you get one of those days when nothing really comes out right? I've had a few. Can't remember exactly when they happened, but I feel that they did happen. The human mind - at least mine - can be frustrating sometimes... just can't remember everything, cull them out from dusty bookshelves of memory on demand, or for a better analogy, scan backups with a few bits of search criteria, select then download. What's even more frustrating is when you get to remember things from the past at the most unexpected of times, or when you'd rather just forget. But I digress. Today nothing came out right. I was supposed to attend a workshop; I misplaced the advisory letter, had to search for it, only finding out that because of this pawing through seemingly a ream's worth of fax letters, the friggin' letter announced I was already late for the workshop. Then of course, there was a pre-workshop homework to be done (some questionnaire to be filled up for the UNGASS report). I opened my inbox to finally check it out... wow, ang hirap ng tinatanong, major data crunching! I remembered as I read this e-mail containing the questionnaires that I've skimmed through it days earlier; it made my head hurt then, and it surely made my head hurt now. Long story short, first task of the day? Dedma. Then there's this peer educator in Lucena who is doing his thesis in college. He really sounded desperate on text. Several text messages since last night. I helped him come up with his topic at the start. And I swore to help him through... but I knew I should be busy today with my own stuff at work... I couldn't help but help him out... it took me the whole day thinking about his concerns. Darn! Even if I tried, the thesis wouldn't leave me. I dunno, but this is the fourth time I'm helping out "kids" with their theses. I dunno, maybe I just know better now how to do it right... maybe I'm just atoning for treating my own thesis like crap... well, it really was crap. Then there's this cellphone line application at Smart Wireless. I need to get one for official purposes at the Lucena office. They were raking in quite a profit for PLDT with all those landline-to-cellphone call charges! I researched the Smart website for info, which was essentially nil. I called the sales hotline, which I thought was very informative until later. Then I went to the business center, armed with all of what I thought were the proper documents needed, per hotline advice. Well? You guessed it, more unpleasant surprises! Turns out my document for proof of financial whatever (stability?) wasn't enough... I brought my credit card bill as proof. And being the struggling lower B-classed citizen, my financial capacity proof was zilch. Turns out I needed to have like available credit worth 50% of my total credit allowance. I'm a revolver, so you know, I just pay my minimum due, consistency and perseverance not worth the virtue. Vipers! My mind was screaming, while trying to keep my cool, probably as tribute na rin to our country's recent Miss International gain (I personally knew her way, way back my "racket" days). Then there's the thing with the manual typewriter. I needed to buy one for the office... and I saw a good deal at Abensons for a portable Olympia, three-k-plus-plus. Just saw it last Sunday, would you believe it, the salesperson just said the last unit was sold just a few hours ago... grrrrrr!!! But I can place an order daw and they can get it for me... hay salamat, in fairness! To be delivered in three to five days - "next Tuesday" - ha?? Next Tuesday is already a week - "Sir, hindi po counted ang Saturday at Sunday." More inis! I needed that typewriter because of some flukey at SEC, where I'm trying to get our new incorporation papers accepted. SEC had this uber-convenient online application, where they just ask for the info to be pasted on template forms, then voila! PDF files of Articles of Incorporation, SEC Registration and By-Laws... instant Lucky-Me Soww-tanghon! Some schoolmarmy examiner informed us that our info were not enough... but that's what their online processing system coughed up di ba naman... "hindi pa kasi perfect yung system eh, kaya nga may examiners..." Ay juice ko! Easy lang naman daw, just type over the additional info needed. "Don't worry, mabilis na yan..." Don't blame me for not believing ha. And now, I first intended to write some nice things I experienced while I was doing our "roadshow" of the project sites. Now my mind, it's playing hide-and-seek with me, nice tidbits of anecdotes in tow. It's telling me, purge, purge, purge... I've to blog my frustrations for purging. So I apologize for indigestions this entry may cause. "Don't worry, mabilis na yan..." Ang alin?! Inis pa rin ako...

No comments: